Dr Monica Borschel

I was born in Utah to an immigrant family.  Later I moved to Harlem in New York, and then to Hong Kong.  I have had the privilege of working with people from a diverse range of backgrounds, cultures and experiences. Though resilience is the norm, trauma and loss can have a profound impact on our nervous system, impacting how we view ourselves, others and our relationships.  Rejection and failure can harm our career and our athletic performance.

As a mental health coach, I use attachment theory to educate you about you about your relationship patterns and self-worth.  Brainspotting is an effective coaching method that helps to overcome trauma, anxiety, grief and performance obstacles.  As a conflict diversion coach, I am able to help you de-escalate conflict in the workplace and at home.  I am here to help guide you on your journey of self-discovery, communication and healing. 


  • B.S. Psychology, from The University of Utah in Salt Lake City, USA
  • M.A. Psychology in Education, Counselling and Clinical Psychology, from Columbia University in New York City, USA
  • PhD Social Work and Social Administration, from the University of Hong Kong
  • Certified EMDR therapist, from EMDRIA (EMDR International Association), USA
  • Certified Brainspotting Therapist



Membership and Registration

  • Registered Clinical Psychologist with The Hong Kong Society of Counseling and Psychology
  • Member of the American Psychological Association (APA)
  • Member of the British Psychological Society (BPS)
  • Chartered Psychologist in the UK through the (BPS)
  • Member of the Hong Kong Family Law Association (HKFLA)
  • Member of the Association of Family and Conciliation Courts (AFCC)