Meet your Coach, Monica Borschel
Welcome! My passion is to help you find inner peace and emotional comfort within yourself and your relationships.
As social creatures, our relationships significantly shape our happiness, well-being, and sense of self-worth. Unfortunately, many of us have experienced relationship-related traumas. These traumas can leave us with emotional scars that require recovery.
Attachment traumas, such as divorce, break-ups, infidelity, neglect, and abuse, can be challenging. I have spent many years studying how attachment styles can shift with loss and trauma.
I have seen how healthy relationships can lead to secure attachment and how insecure attachment can create turmoil in our lives. I aim to guide you toward cultivating healthy relationships with yourself, your children, your co-parent, and your romantic partner.
I can help you develop new strategies that will allow you to form deeper connections and bonds with those around you. And, if you have children, I can also assist you in establishing secure attachments with both parents. This can be especially helpful in cases of separation or divorce.
I am originally from Salt Lake City, Utah, where I completed my Bachelor of Science in Psychology at The University of Utah. From there, I moved to New York City, earning my Master’s in Clinical Psychology from Columbia University. I then pursued my Doctorate in Social Work and Social Administration at the University of Hong Kong. I lived and worked in Hong Kong as a practicing Clinical Psychologist. I reside in California and am pursuing my Doctorate in Psychology (PsyD) at California Southern University. My training and qualifications include certifications in Brainspotting and High Conflict Coaching.
My approach to coaching is empathetic, supportive, and tailored to your unique needs. Every person can grow, and thrive. I am committed to helping you achieve your goals. So, whether you are struggling with relationship issues, divorce, abuse, attachment traumas, or other challenges, I am here to help you find the peace and comfort you deserve.
- B.S. Psychology, from The University of Utah in Salt Lake City, USA
- M.A. Psychology in Education, Counselling and Clinical Psychology, from Columbia University in New York City, USA
- PhD Social Work and Social Administration, from the University of Hong Kong
- PsyD candidate at California Southern University
- Certified EMDR therapist, from EMDRIA (EMDR International Association), USA
- Certified Brainspotting Therapist (David Grand, Brainspotting)
- Certified High Conflict Coach (The High Conflict Diversion Program)
Membership and Registration
- Registered Clinical Psychologist with The Hong Kong Society of Counseling and Psychology
- Member of the American Psychological Association (APA)
- Member of the British Psychological Society (BPS)
- Chartered Psychologist in the UK through the (BPS)
- Member of the Hong Kong Family Law Association (HKFLA)
- Member of the Association of Family and Conciliation Courts (AFCC)