I was born in Utah to a German immigrant family. I started my career as a graphic designer. Working in advertising gave me insight into how the media influences how people think and feel. The thought of my own role in this made me uncomfortable. So, I decided to pursue a degree in Psychology. At the University of Utah, I was a research assistant in a couple of psychology labs. It was in these labs that I developed an interest in how trauma and our relationships affect the body.
I later moved to New York for graduate school at Teachers College, Columbia University. I continued as a research assistant, where I learned how loss also affects the nervous system. I graduated with my Master’s degree during the housing crises of 2009. It wasn’t easy to find work, so I went overseas to find more opportunities.
I lived in Hong Kong for ten years, where I earned my PhD. At The University of Hong Kong, my own research focused on how our relationships play a role in how we grieve and cope with trauma. I was able to use my research in my practice as a Clinical Psychologist in Hong Kong. Currently, I work online providing advising for people who have suffered from trauma, loss, emotional, verbal, physical and sexual abuse. I also help families through the divorce process, ranging from custody, parental alienation to adjusting and rebuilding.
- B.S. Psychology, from The University of Utah in Salt Lake City, USA
- M.A. Psychology in Education, Counselling and Clinical Psychology, from Columbia University in New York City, USA
- PhD Social Work and Social Administration, from the University of Hong Kong
- Certified EMDR therapist, from EMDRIA (EMDR International Association), USA
- Child Consultant for Child Inclusive Mediation
- Bricklin Custody Evaluator
Membership and Registration
- Registered Clinical Psychologist with The Hong Kong Society of Counseling and Psychology.
- Member of the American Psychological Association (APA)
- Member of the American Counseling Association (ACA)
- Member of the British Psychological Society (BPS)
- Member of the Hong Kong Family Law Association (HKFLA)
*Not a licensed therapist in the USA